Royal Doulton Crombie Golf Pottery Pin Dish 4″
Price on Request
Royal Doulton Golf Seriesware Crombie Golf Pin Dish trimmed in gold, measures 4″ diameter. Circa 1911 – 1932
GOLF SERIESWARE was based on the style of Charles Crombie, a popular poster artist, and the illustrator of a group of prints depicting amusing aspects of the rules of golf. These were first compiled into a book by Perrier of France in 1905. The Golf series included the following five titles combined with eight different groups of characters, including golfers with or without caddies:
- Give losers leave to speak and winners to laugh.
- He that always complains is never pitied.
- All fools are not knaves but all knaves are fools.
- He hath good judgement who relieth not wholly on his own.
- Every dog has his day and very man his hour.
These titles can be seen on a variety of plates and vessels, and were produced from 1911 – 1932.
You can hover over the product photo to activate the zoom feature.